Friday, April 18, 2014

Kan Cheong Kitchen

Sometimes I just feel like I want to walk into my imaginary nerd cave, stay there, stare at a computer screen and do elaborate mind numbing coding.

If you dont know this about me, I actually enjoy computers, codes, programming and my new found love EXCEL.

I think thats why I love being an Engineer. Obsessing about tiny little details, putting in the span style="color: orange;" or the =SUBTOTAL(9,F4:F483). Im not a creative programer mind you and I know very few programming languages but I'm good at copying and using it to customize things the way I want it. 

The thing about my new job is that it is THE whole opposite of being a nerd (okey wrong emphasize on the word THE there but who cares). It is so far away from from being a nerd,  that is actually at the other end of the nerd spectrum. Heck its actually nearer to the socialite-hyper-extrovert end, which is actually outside of the nerd spectrum.

I would be lying if I say I am not a tiny bit an extrovert or I hate meeting people but socializing in a work context and meeting people in an office environment is just so different from how u interact with people in a social setting. Sometimes it can be a little taxing and those are the times when I wish I could just be in my old Engineer bubble.

Those are also the times when I have this existential crisis and question why I am here in the first place. But then.. just before i drown in self pity that tiny overachiever voice inside of me starts to talk and I would be thanking my lucky stars to be where I am right now.

Sigh... susahkan jadi kiasu?  :-P


Peace out!

No comments: