Tuesday, June 04, 2013

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I think one of the biggest problems people face in making change is fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of being rejected. Fear of being lost. Fear of not having enough to eat. Fear of not being able to be the best parents to your children. Fear of being judged. Fear of losing people u love. Fear of moving.

For the past year and half I have been given the chance of a life time. To change 7 years of boredom, complain and dissatisfaction and taking that ultimate leap of faith. Of course, without a doubt taking that first step into the unknown future was scary as hell and even though it was something that I have wanted to do for so long i still feared for a lot of things. I feared not having enough money, not having a job later, not being able to do well, losing all the comfort and security and so much more.
But after talking to a lot of people and asking God for His guidance I did it and I have not regretted it ever since.

So Thursday is my last foray into formal financial studies and I will soon have to put on a brave face and bullshit my way into a proper job. ha ha.
And believe me I have never been so afraid. The future is so distant and unfamiliar right now that there are moments I catch myself wondering whether I made the right choice in leaving. But when fear is not clouding my mind I know I did the right thing and this is just a right of passage that I have to go through in order to grow.

So go on.Tell me. What would you if you were not afraid?

No comments: